miércoles, 10 de julio de 2013

Homework

1. The men were planning to ____________ the bank on the corner.
2. I am sure that my flatmate is ____________from me!!
3. My house was ________ at the weekend!
4. My TV was ____________last week.
5. He ________________ a bottle of whisky from the shop.
6. He was stopped and _________________ by two armed men.
7. Two banks were ______________________ last week.
8. If you leave your money there, it'll be _____________________.
9. Someone's _______________________ my wallet !
10. They were planning to _____________________ a shop.
11. She __________________ some clothes from her employers.
12.We have been ______________________, all our silver's gone.
13. In the old days they used to hang people who _________________________sheep.
14. The thieves were captured while _________________ the goods.
15. The ___ was arrested by police who caught him hiding in his garden.
1.criminal
2.crime
3.witness
4.victim
16. It looks like he is trying to ___ that umbrella.
1.steal
2.criminal
3.crime
4.rob
17.  The man was ___ as he walked home late at night.
1. rob
2. stolen
3. steal
4. robbed
18. My watch has been ___.
1.stole
2. stealed
3. stolen
4. steal
19. She tried to ___ drugs in her suitcase from Toronto to Seattle.
1.burgle
2. pickpocket
3. mug
4. smuggle
20. The ___ was caught with the CDs in his bag while he was still in the shop.
1. mugger
2. pickpocket
3. shoplifter
4. smuggler
21. I caught a ___ trying to steal my purse on the crowded bus.
1. smuggler
2. pickpocket
3. shoplifter
4. murderer
22. The ___ was shot 5 times by the murderer.
1.crime
2. criminal
3. thief
4. victim
23. Police are trying to catch the ___ who set fire to the school.
1.arson man
2. arsoner
3. arson
4. arsonist
24. I have never committed a ___.
1.steal
2. thief
3. criminal
4. crime
to kill someone accidentally : T G N L R H U A M A E S

a thief who steals from pockets : K I C T C P P O E K

to break into someone's house and steal from it : G L U A R Y B R

a person who steals from shops : S H T I L F P E O R

a criminal who forces someone to have sex : A I R P T S

a person who has served their sentence in prison : X T - V C C E O N I

to bring something illegally into a country : S L U N G G M G I

to set fire on someone's property, for example, a house : O S N R A

to take someone hostage in order to exchange him or her later for ransom : D I I P P N K G N A

to use violence to achieve political goals : I R R T S O E R M



1 comentario: