miércoles, 3 de julio de 2013

Compound nouns



Complete the gaps in the following sentences with compound nouns 

a. I had a terrible__________ I couldn’t eat a thing all day.

b. The ferry crossing was awful. I felt the entire way____________.

c. The nurse checked my _______________and told me it was a little high.

d. I went to the opticians for an _____________and he said I had twenty-twenty vision.

e. I’ve got a terrible ____________. I’ve taken two aspirin but it’s still not gone away.

f. My grandfather doesn’t have any of his own teeth. He wears _______to eat.

g. He contracted ______________from a mosquito bite while travelling in the Tropics.

h. My younger sister has been ever ___________since she met her new boyfriend.

i. When I went abroad to study , I felt terribly ____________. I missed my family very much.

KEY: machine, phone, chair, nail , rack, key; stomachache, seasick, blood pressure, eye test, headache, false teeth, yellow fever, love sick, home sick

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario